The Business & Social Network
Time: May 4, 2010 at 3pm to May 5, 2010 at 5pm
Location: Second Life and Virtual Web
Website or Map: http://www.technologyiowa.org…
Phone: (206) 310-6866
Event Type: green, energy/sustainable, technology, conference
Organized By: Kim Smith (Rissa Maidstone)
Latest Activity: Apr 29, 2010
Keynoters from HP, Gartner, Google, and the EPA headline virtual symposium on Sustainable IT, Datacenter Re-Engineering, Green Energy.
Register Free (Space Limited!) at https://www.technologyiowa.org/forms/GreenUp/event_registration.cfm
How do you succeed in a hypercompetitive world where energy needs are going up, energy prices are climbing faster, and the social and strategic costs of doing nothing are looking increasingly unsustainable? To make the right decisions, leaders and strategists need a broader picture: they need to understand how the whole scope of Green Tech -- innovations in IT, green facilities engineering, and energy -- can be harnessed to get ahead of mounting cost-curves, establish new directions, produce rapid and predictable ROI and enable sustained business growth.
Who You'll Meet - What You'll Learn
• Meet Randy Mott, EVP/CIO of Hewlett-Packard -- and famed CIO alumnus of Dell and Wal-Mart (where as CIO, Sam Walton paid him the ultimate compliment: "Man, you'd make a great store manager.") Mott was the driving force behind HP's amazingly-successful 2006-2008 bid to triple data bandwidth, collapse 85 datacenters to just six, cut through legacy tech and application complexity, shift procedures so that 70% of IT time is spent on innovation (while cutting IT spending in half), and save HP over $1 billion annually in energy costs. After hearing his keynote, you'll know how he did it.
• Live from London (in video and 3D), meet Simon Mingay, VP Research at Gartner, and get a deep-dive into the art and science of thriving in a fast-changing economy and regulatory environment, where carbon has a price and affects P&L and balance sheets. Choose to be buffeted by coming changes, or you use Mingay's common-sense discipline around 'dematerialization,' analytics and process control to start measuring and making changes today, so your organization can profit - not falter - tomorrow.
• Meet Bill Weihl, Green Energy Czar at Google, and learn his hard-earned 'Lessons from the Sustainability Front Lines.' As one of the world's largest datacenter operators, and as a company with vast skin in the game of making the global internet and data-processing work better, Google has long taken a leadership role in reducing their own datacenter and energy footprint -- achieving a 6x improvement in efficiency -- and in the process, exploring new approaches, pioneering new metrics and focusing attention on key new technologies (like recycling, water-based cooling) to help the industry move forward. If you're involved in goal-setting for IT, or contemplating a datacenter-reengineering process, you owe it to your career and your company's future to learn how Bill and Google are helping invent a clean energy future.
• Join Kevin Monson, President, Neumann Monson, and Tom Struve, AVP Central Services for ACT, for a detailed presentation on LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) concepts and energy conservation techniques used in constructing ACT's new datacenter -- the only LEED Platinum rated facility in the world.
• Meet Andrew Fanara, EPA's Team Leader on ENERGY STAR, and get an advance peek at contemplated changes in that widely-trusted consumer-product specification, and implications to business, organizations, manufacturers and the economy at large.
Plus revealing, powerful, presentations by:
• Oracle, on a powerful new solution architecture for hyper-efficient HPC datacenters.
• Microsoft, on the math and metrics of enterprise-wide sustainability.
• Sogeti Americas, on the 'long view' for greener IT.
• ... and more!
Heartland GreenUp Virtual - Zero Travel, All Benefits
Virtual GreenUp registrants can attend two ways: through a simple web interface providing realtime session video, popup slides and interactive text-chat; or in our fully-immersive, 3D convention center in Second Life®.