As the number of virtual worlds increases and more and more consumers are attracted to them, how can we help brands build a relevant and sustainable presence within them?
I recently gave a talk at Internet World in London on what brands should consider when looking to create a presence in Virtual Worlds. In summary I suggested that brands should;
- Be clear about why they are there
- Be realistic about what they will achieve (regarding scale of reach)
- Add value to the community and be relevant
- Engage and involve inhabitants
- Incentivise and reward (give them what they want, which can be virtual items as well as physical)
- Deliver on your promises
- Stay awhile and build a lasting presence
Brands are increasingly looking to enter virtual worlds and I’d like to open the debate to help them understand how. Please share your thoughts, examples of good and bad and any insights.